April '16 Board Meeting
CALL TO ORDER:
President Barry England called a meeting of the Williamsburg Community School Board to order at 7:53 p.m. Members present were: Barry England, Marion Pheasant, Amy Hileman, Carlee Ranalli, Kristina Bratton, Ben Postles, Julie Woodling and Janet Lee.
Approval was received for the March minutes for the Committee of the Whole Meeting and Regular Board Meeting.
ITEMS APPROVED BY THE BOARD:
*Heard an interesting report from Mr. Baronner on developing I-Search papers.
*Approved the Memorandum of Understanding between the Williamsburg Community School District and the Williamsburg Education Association to allow retiree HRA contributions.
*Approved the Acting Superintendent to contract for psychological services for the remainder of the 2015-16 school year.
*Approved the following field trip requests:
- Jodi Kensinger and Traci McCall to take 35 second grade students to Lake Raystown at Seven Points Marina on April 29, 2016, at no cost to the district.
- Traci Russell and Jennifer Frederick to take 38 Kindergarten students to Ritchey’s Dairy and McDonalds in Roaring Spring on May 18, 2016, at no cost to the district.
- Robyn Bechtel to take 20 FFA members to Blair County Chamber Ag Career Day at Kulp Dairy Farm in Martinsburg to serve as tour guides for the 700 Blair County 7th grade students attending the event on May 3 or 4, 2016, at a cost of $72.12.
- Nikki Varney to take 1 student to State Competition for Pennsylvania Academy of Science in State College on May 16, 2016, at a cost of $250.
- Robyn Bechtel to take 5 students to compete in the State Envirothon Contest at Susquehanna University and Camp Mount Luther, Mifflinburg on May 24-25, 2016, pending success at the county, cost to be offset by county and FFA.
- Robyn Bechtel to take 9 FFA members to compete in various CDES at the Pennsylvania State FFA activities week at Penn State on June 14-16, 2016, at a cost of $190.
*Approved the 2016 list of 12th grade students for graduation, provided all requirements are fulfilled.
*Approved Loc O as a Volunteer Track & Field Statistician.
*Approved Bob McCall as a Volunteer Jr. High Baseball Coach.
*Approved the following use of facilities:
- Coach Matthew Hoover to use the high school football field and elementary school field for the summer track and field program from May 27 through the end of June 2016, from 4:00pm–7:30pm, Monday – Friday.
*Approved Paul Caracciola as Clerk of the Words for the Williamsburg Elementary Wiring Project, in accordance with the contract as presented.
*The Board awarded the bid for the Elementary Wiring Project to Pennsylvania Networks, Inc. in the amount of $49,466.
*The Board accepted Lynn Steel Sales’ bid in the amount of $155 for the generator.